The new Fire & Water Piano Sheet Music Book features loved works by Debussy and original arrangements of works by Rachmaninov, Saint-Saëns and De Falla, together with a new composition by UK-based Chinese pianist, Ji Liu, described by The Guardian as a ‘wunderkind pianist’. Suitable for intermediate to advanced pianists, this stunning collection of solo-piano pieces beautifully illustrates the concepts of fire and water, inspired by the ancient Chinese five-element theory of Wu-Xing, as previously explored in Ji Liu’s well-received 2018 album of the same name. At a time when the world is in dire need of calm and peace, Ji Liu has revisited, dwelled and expanded upon these vital elements in his must-have music book.
In this collection of scores, Ji Liu showcases an exploration of keyboard virtuosity and the colourful world of sound with his own arrangements, performance commentary and composition. Enjoy a collection of works that elegantly reflect the calming character of water, alongside contrasting intense and fast-paced pieces inspired by the element of fire.
The Fire & Water Piano Sheet Music Book contains:
- Le Carnaval des animaux (“The Carnival of the Animals”) by Saint-Saëns
- Aquarium arr. Liu
- Le Cygne (“The Swan”) arr. Siloti & Liu
- Vesennie Vody (“Spring Waters”) by Rachmaninov arr. Liu
- Danza Ritual del Fuego (“Ritual Fire Dance”) from El amor brujo by de Falla arr. Ji Liu
- Reflets dans L’eau (“Reflections in the Water”) by Debussy
- La cathédrale engloutie (“The Submerged Cathedral”) by Debussy
- Tragicomic Trilogy by Ji Liu
- Comments and QR code to a dedicated online page